About the Role
Razorbacks Team Captains (TC’s) are students who embody the Razorback spirit, with a passion for driving sporting excellence at Swinburne. They are the representatives and leaders of their chosen sport, driving the direction and participation of their team throughout the year. You will primarily liaise with the Clubs & Sport (C&S) team to promote a competitive Swinburne team in your sport. You’ll also have the opportunity to progress your sport by organising training, intervarsity competition, social events and a UniSport Nationals team over the course of the year.
To be an ace TC you will:
- Lead by example
- Be proactive and organised
- Be task orientated
- Be engaging, influential and a great team player
- Uphold team spirit and build a positive culture
- Sustain positive relationships with coaches and team mates
- Have a passion for sport and sportsmanship
- Liaise with Student Life Clubs & Sport staff
Roles and Responsibilities
As the TC, you’ll have a variety of opportunities and duties – you definitely won’t get bored in this role! See the Volunteer Position Description for a full list of responsibilities throughout the year.
Remember how we mentioned those sweet perks up there? Here’s what you get:
- Swinburne Team Captain T-Shirt
- Written reference from Swinburne Student Life
- Access to leadership training and ongoing leadership opportunities with Swinburne C&S and UniSport
- $300 off your Swinburne Team Package for UniSport Nationals Div1/Div2 (Free)*
- Additional reimbursements for travel expenses to Nationals*
Application & next steps
Keen to apply? Tell us in 250 words or less why you would be an excellent Team Captain along with your relevant sporting experience (playing and organising). Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with your chosen sport in the subject line.
TC’s will apply to the Swinburne Student Life Clubs & Sport (C&S) Team and will be chosen by a committee at the beginning of each calendar year. One Team Captain will be chosen for each sport. Where both male and female teams are being represented for the same sport, a TC will be chosen for each team.
Please note, if you’re successful we need you to:
- Be available for an interview with the C&S Team
- Attend initial TC meeting and information session
- Complete Consent Matters Training, Working With Children Check & any additional training administered by C&S
Click here for the full Volunteer Position Description. We look forward to hearing from you!